Skip to Content
- 40 min
- 60 min
- 24 pieces
Ricotta Blinis with Smoked Salmon
- 250 g (1/2 lb) cream cheese
- 1 lemon, zest only, finely chopped
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) milk
- 5 mL (1 tsp) sugar
- 5 mL (1 tsp) active dry yeast
- 2 eggs
- 300 g (10 oz) Saputo Ricotta di Campagna cheese
- 90 mL (6 tbsp) all-purpose flour
- 5 mL (1 tsp) baking powder
- 2.5 mL (1/2 tsp) salt
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 170 g (12 slices) smoked salmon, each slice halved
- 24 sprigs fresh dill
- Warm the cream cheese briefly in the microwave to soften then mix in the lemon zest. Set aside (this may be done up to two days ahead of time.)
- Heat the milk in the microwave for 10 seconds until just warm to the touch. Transfer to a bowl, add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Add yeast, stir, and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Using a whisk, add the eggs and Ricotta to the milk mixture and beat well. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt, and add them to the Ricotta mixture. Whisk to incorporate.
- Heat a crepe or non-stick pan on medium-low heat. When hot enough to sizzle a bead of water, add 2.5 mL (1/2 tsp) of oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of batter into the pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until the top is bubbly. Using a small spatula, flip and cook for 1 minute more. Remove to a plate and allow to cool.
- Continue with the remaining batter, adding more oil as needed.
- To assemble, place a teaspoon of the cream cheese on each blini, top with a piece of smoked salmon and garnish with a sprig of dill.