Skip to Content
- 45 min
- 45 min
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) salted butter
- 4 bacon slices, cut in small strips
- 1 leek, white part only, sliced thinly
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, sliced thinly
- 1 bay leaf
- 800 g (1 lb 12 oz) celeriac, peeled, cut in 1 cm (1/2 in) dice
- 1.25 L (5 cups) chicken stock
- To taste freshly ground salt and pepper
- 150 g (250 ml /1 cup) Saputo smoked Caciocavallo cheese, grated
- Sufficient quantity of croutons
- Sufficient quantity of celery heart leaves
- In a soup pot, melt the butter and cook the bacon for a few minutes without browning. Add the leek, onion, celery and bay leaf. Sweat for about 10 minutes without browning.
- Add the celeriac and sweat another 5 minutes. Add the stock and potatoes and bring to a full boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer about 30 minutes. Remove the bay leaf.
- Blend the soup until smooth and strain to remove the fibres. Season to taste and adjust the consistency with a little milk, if necessary.
- Just before serving, reheat the soup on the stovetop and when it is very hot, add the cheese, whisking until it melts. Serve immediately, garnished with croutons and celery leaves.